It's been a long time since this blog was updated. There are some big changes looming at the horizon, so I thought this should be a good time to start blogging here again.
2008-2009 was the year that we fought a seemingly endless fight against the dreaded red mite. They were everywhere, the mite products we used didn't seem to work. The birds were kept in the house, while waiting for their new housing. This in itself was part of the problem, as the mites were really thriving in the warmth of the house during winter.
We went through a cleaning frenzy and changed all the cages, used some pretty powerful insecticides in the new bird-room, and on the new cages.
Finally with the new bird shed outside and a change in products we succeeded, and we've had no problems since!